Monday, December 08, 2008

Day 8: Snowflakes?

What do snowflakes have to do with Christmas?


A lot, really. Not only is it cold and snowy (in some places), but if you think of the classic Christmas stories (Frosty, Rudolph, the Grinch), they usually use snow as part of the plot somehow.

More importantly for us though, is the fact that no two snowflakes are the same.


Just as no two people are the same. "What about twins?" you ask?
Twins may look alike, but they still have their own characteristics (fingerprints, personality).


So, just a reminder that God made each of us individually.

I love the Stephen Curtis Chapman song "Fingerprints of God", which makes this same point.
Not only are we made individually, but God wants to continue to shape us and mold us.
Pretty cool, I think.

- Psa 139:13 -

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. (Psalm 139:13-14)


No comments: