Monday, September 11, 2006

Blessing

So after a grueling 5 week Summer Vacation, I returned to my elementary school recently.

I was surprised to see some changes. What used to be the baseball/soccer/recess field, now had some new buildings on it.

I had heard something about renovations before I had left, but I didn't realize the impact it would have on me personally.

I came to my English room, only to find that it no longer existed! As half the school was being renovated there was a need for more rooms.

I would now need to teach English in the student's classrooms. This was not impossible, but it did make things more difficult. My room is usually bare -- no desks or chairs -- in order to have space for my wacky English games. The classroom is filled with desks and chairs.

Well, "Where were their priorities?", I wondered. After all, isn't English important? Did they really want boring lessons?

Well, after fretting and griping (to myself) for a day or two, I decided to give it to the Lord and let Him worry about it. If He wanted to challenge me in this way, I would be willing.

Right after this, something amazing happened: Some of the teachers (on their own) held a meeting and decided to convert the craft room into an English room.

So, in a matter of 30 minutes I went from no room, to a very large air conditioned room! Since it is still almost 90 degrees here, this is a huge blessing!










Perhaps this would have happened regardless of my attitude, but I like to think that it is God rewarding my trusting in Him.

2 comments:

B in Kyushu said...

I think so, too! Good resolution of a crisis...just trust God! Hallelujah!

ummm...can you teach me some of your wacky games...I'm kinda running out!

The Pallmanns said...

I like to adapt the games from genkienglish.com