Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Saying Goodbye to Summer...


Well, it sure feels like autumn here...
which means the temperature is in the low 80's instead of the high 80's.

Actually the nights are getting cooler, so it is a nice change.

Japan really knows how to celebrate the seasons!

There are seasonal foods: (persimmons, chestnut rice, sanma or mackerel, pears, mikans, etc.), not to mention all the nabe, or soups, stews and such.

There are seasonal activities: Tsukimi, or moon viewing, Momiji, or Leaf viewing, and Sports Day.

Even McDonalds gets into it with their Tsukimi Burger:

a poached egg on a hamburger. Whatever.

Well, we don't get to have snow in Okinawa, but at least we can enjoy the other stuff!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emi, save some for me. haha..just kidding.
I miss you so much, Emi(and Mika too) . Don't ever forget your aunty Ping.

Mark said...

oooh, egg on burgers is actually really good! I wish I were in Japan now...

The Pallmanns said...

You know, I have to admit I have never actually tried one... maybe it's the idea of mixing breakfast and lunch. Oh wait; they call that brunch. Hmm, maybe we'll have to get one before they're all gone!