Sunday, November 19, 2006

Nabe


I should have been suspicious when I heard we were having a nabe party the other day. Not that there is anything wrong with nabe -- nabe means "a pot for cooking" in Japanese -- there are several excellent meals you can make in your nabe (Shabu Shabu, Sukiyaki, to name a few)

When I heard that Lisa and Ping were coming too, it was nothing unusual -- they come occasionally for a meal.

But when I heard that Debe's homeschool student, Kento, was also coming, well that was unusual. Not that I minded, but I should have expected that there was more than just "nabe" planned for the evening.

Well, it turned out to be an early birthday party for Dan. Dan tries each year to sneak by without a celebration, but never seems to succeed. Hey, when you are 20 or 25 it is something you want to celebrate. When you start hitting the 30's or more, you don't necessarily want the reminder!

I'm just kidding really! I do appreciate the well wishes I received.

No comments: